COVID-19 Adjusted Buying Process
We ask that you do not use this service if you have recently traveled, are symptomatic, or have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
Q. Are you buying used items?
A. Yes! We are currently accepting used CDs, LPs, DVDs, Blu-Ray, games, gaming consoles and accessories at all 9 locations.
Q. When can I drop off items?
We will be accepting purchases during regular business hours. Please note, we will only be accepting a certain number of drop-offs at a time. If we have reached our capacity, we will gladly take your name and phone number then contact you when we are accepting drop-offs again. It is advisable to call your local store in advance.
Q. Are my items processed immediately?
A. As the health & safety of our staff is our top priority, no purchases will be completed same day. You will be required to leave any items you would like to sell in-store. They will be held in quarantine for 3-5 business days before they are processed. Once your items have been processed you will be contacted by phone.
Q. How long will it take to go through my items?
A. It all depends on the amount of purchase drop-offs we receive. Each purchase will be automatically quarantined for 3-5 business days. After that period is over, they will be completed in order of drop-off. Our goal is to have them completed as quickly as possible!
Q. How does drop-off purchasing work?
A. Curbside purchase drop-off will proceed as follows:
- Items will be placed in a Beat Goes On plastic tote(s) by the person dropping them off. Staff will not touch any items at the point of drop-off. Items in personal boxes, bags and/or or lose items will not be accepted.
- Customers will be required to fill out a Drop-Off Receipt, including name, phone number, email address, description of items and/or number of items being dropped off and a signature is required at the bottom.
- The customer will take the white copy of the receipt for their records and the pink and yellow copies will be placed inside the tote for store use. Customers must show valid government issued photo ID at the point of drop-off. We will not accept any items if proper ID is not present. Please note that any items that are dirty, soiled, or unclean in any way will not be processed.
Q. How will you keep track of the items I drop off?
A. Once drop-off has been completed the associate will immediately label each tote with the customer name, how many totes they have in total and the date they were dropped off. They will be placed together for the quarantine period. Once the items have been processed any passes will be bagged, labeled, and set aside for pick-up.
Q. How do I collect any items you have decided not to purchase?
A. Any items we are not able to purchase will be held at the store level for 7 business days. You can pick-up your items anytime during current business hours.
Q. How do I receive payment?
A. We are offering payment in the form of a e-transfer, cheque (mailed to store for pickup or to your home) or in-store credit. We will not be giving out any physical cash at this time.
Q. How long will it take to receive payment?
A. E-transfers will be deposited within 24-48 hours. Cheques will be mailed via Canada Post. In-store credit will be processed at the store level during regular business hours.
Q. Are you still offering 30% more in-store credit?
A. Yes, we are always offering 30% more for in-store credit.
Q. What are your store hours?
A. We are currently open 10-6 Monday-Wednesday, 10-9 Thursday-Friday, 10-6 Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday.
Sell Us Your Discs
Sell us your used CDs, LPs, DVDs, Blu-Rays & Video Games
Trade them in for Cash or Credit at The Beat Goes OnTM
Bring your used CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays & Video Games* into any The Beat Goes OnTM location for cash or credit. We offer cash or credit for your CDs (store credit is 30% more than the cash offer).
Some things to consider when bringing in your CDs, DVDs & Video Games*:
- Items must have all packaging and appropriate cases.
- Items that are not in excellent condition may be purchased for less, and repaired at our cost.
- Store staff will determine which items can be repaired based on condition and demand for that title.
- Store staff may not purchase an item due to overstock of that particular title, regardless of condition.
- If an item is still sealed, we will treat it the same way we would a used item in perfect condition. This is because all sealed items are opened prior to being stocked, in order to remove the disc.
- Unfortunately, we cannot determine whether items will be purchased unless they're brought into one of our stores. We cannot give price quotes or estimations over the phone or by email.
- You must be 18 or older with valid, government issued photo ID to sell. (ID includes: Driver's Licence, BYID, or an up-to-date Passport.)
- Allow time & please be patient: It often gets busy at our stores, and sometimes our purchasing can get backlogged. This means that it can occasionally take up to an hour or more, depending on the quantity of products being purchased.
- Please note that at times a Beat Goes On™ location may temporarily suspend cash offers and solely offer store credit. This allows us to rebuild a cash float so Beat Goes On™ staff may continue to offer fair cash value on customer purchases. Feel free to call ahead to ensure we are able to process your purchase.
*The Beat Goes On™ buys all game systems, handhelds and games, including, but not limited to Nintendo, PlayStation, Sega, and Atari. All DS and Switch games must include their cases, as well as games for any disc-based systems. Older game cartridges can be bought without their boxes or instructions. Game systems must include at least one controller, power adapter, and AV cables. We do not buy software accessories, systems, UMD movies or PC games.